Our programs in Spain
Nature of the Programme: The Au Pair programme is a cultural exchange programme, most aupairs would want to improve their knowledge of Spanish language and culture. Au Pairs must be welcomed as a member of the family.
The length of the program can vary from 1 to 3 months, and up to 1 – 2 years.
Pocket Money and Working Hours:
The standard aupair may help 5 to 6 hours a day, for a minimun pocket money €70 per week to include any evening babysitting requirements. Free time Saturday and Sunday (minimum 2 full days).
DEMI AUPAIR/ AUPAIR TUTOR:
The demi aupair will assist the family for 3-4 hours a day, mainly for language lessons and conversational purposes. The demi aupair will receive €60 weekly , no babysitting requirements. Free time Saturday and Sunday (minimum 2 full days).
SUMMER AUPAIR :
During the summer, some families will need extra help. Summer Aupair undertakes to participate 7 hours a day (30hrs. real work and remaining hours will be “presence and control “ hours for children). Will receive minimum £90 per week to include any evening babysitting requirements. Free time Saturday and Sunday (minimum 2 full days).
Common Services provided and received by Aupairs:
- It is a cultural exchange programme, giving a young person the opportunity to learn about Spanish culture and improve language skills through interaction with children. Also she will assist the children with her own language and culture too.
- An Au Pair’s primary role is childcare.
- Room and board: The Au Pair receives full room and board from the family throughout the stay. The Au Pair must have her own and appropriate private room and not be required to share with children. She should be given facilities to study and participate in cultural and professional training.
- Weekly free time and holidays: the aupair will have free weekends unless a different agreement between the aupair and the family has been reached. For a six-month stay, the family will pay the aupair for a one-week vacation. For a one-year stay, the aupair will be paid for a two-week vacation. Holidays should be mutually agreed between host family and au pair.
- Travel and college costs in Spain: To be arranged by the aupair. It is the sole responsibility of the aupair to pay all travel expenses to and from Spain, as well as costs to attend college or language courses.
- The family should, wherever possible, collect the Au Pair from the airport. If this is not possible, they must organise reasonable onward travel and the family must be at home in time for their arrival.
- Babysitting: Additional pocket money should be paid for any additional evenings. Babysitting hours are evening time only when the parents are out. For extra babysitting, we recommend a minimum of 5€ per hour.